Several University affiliates have existing Qualtrics accounts that were not purchased through a University-wide license. Users will need to migrate their account the next time they log in to Qualtrics. Below is a list of department who have accounts that currently CAN be migrated.
- Carlson School of Management, Twin Cities
- College of Pharmacy, Twin Cities
- College of Education and Human Service Professions, Duluth
Below is a list of units, whose accounts are not ready to be migrated. Please continue to access your account through your current procedures. You will receive notification when your account is ready to be migrated:
- Crookston Campus
- College of Communication, Duluth
- Department of Architecture, Twin Cities
- Labovitz School of Business & Economics (LSBE), Duluth
- UMC Career and Counseling Services
Migration FAQ: Review Before Migrating Your Account
- Collaboration that was established before migration will be lost. Please take note of what you have access to that you do not own BEFORE migrating your account. Contact the survey owner(s) to reinstate collaboration.
- Reports in Reporting Beta will be lost because this is a test environment. You can export the reports prior to migration and upload the reports when your account is migrated.
What will happen to the skin or template I am using for my survey?
- Qualtrics will migrate custom skins as a part of the migration.
- URelations has disabled a few templates that do not meet University branding guidelines. If you have a survey with one of those skins and the survey is ACTIVE, you will be able to continue using that template. If you are creating a survey with a disabled template, the template will change to the UofM default.
Will anything be lost in the process?
- You will have access to everything that you own and data will not be lost. Surveys that are in data collection will not be interrupted. If you are concerned about loss of data, we encourage you to export out any data so that it can be uploaded back into Qualtrics post migration.
What happens if I create a new account instead of migrating the one I have?
- If you would like to keep the surveys and data in your old account, it would be best to contact email@example.com and have your new account deleted. Then, follow the appropriate migration instructions. Be sure to indicate that you already have an account.
- If you have already been creating surveys in your new account and would like to migrate surveys and data from your old account, contact Qualtrics at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will not move panel or library information, so it is best to migration your account the right away.
- If you do not need to migrate surveys or data, you can create a new account. Your old account will be deactivated.
What if I have never used my account, but surveys or data were shared with me?
These users will migrate their account using the same migration instructions as other users.
Migration Instructions: General
1. Log in on the University Qualtrics home page (https://umn.qualtrics.com)
2. Sign in with your university credentials (x500).
3. Indicate that you already have an account.
4. Enter your account information and select "Migrate Account."
5. The account will be migrated automatically
Migration Instructions: Carlson School of Management
Click here for detailed instructions on how to migrate your Carlson School of Management account.